Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finally moving faster

Yesterday, Evan and I actually did our first bit of jogging in preparation for next year's marathon. We had to run for one minute and walk two minutes and repeat until thirty minutes had passed.

I realized during our training that I am in better shape than I originally thought. I had anticipated that even this early jogging would hurt incredibly, but I found that I didn't really break a sweat and we kept a conversation going the whole time.

Evan seemed to have a tougher time with the jogging, but that seemed to be off set by the fact that he really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it, but he seemed downright ecstatic over being outside and doing something athletic. I hope he still has that vigor when we're putting down upwards of 10 miles in a single session.

Pain showed up pretty quick once we were finished. Both of us had our complaints, but it seems that our little bit of exercise was enough to get somewhat of an endorphin rush, because it wasn't long after we stopped that we both were feeling pretty good.

Today, I'm feeling really good and I'm not hurting at all besides a little soreness in my calf muscles. Hopefully I'll be recovered from that for tomorrow's jog. If I find that we're both hurting badly tomorrow, we might push Wednesday's run to Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment