Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My best excuse yet

I seem to be stuck on this one-post-a-week habit. This past week I have a really good excuse for: I'm going to be a dad.

My wife told me about the new baby on Saturday and that's the reason I haven't done much running or posting. I ended up skipping running from Monday to yesterday with baby-related events. It really showed when I finally did get out last night.

Evan and I are finally to the end of Phase I where we're running for 30 complete minutes. I did not make it. I think the week off plus the stress of finding out about the baby, plus the fact that it was kinda late when I got home, made it a hard day for a run. It was kind of like I couldn't focus. I'm pretty sure I could run all the way, but I just kept taking time to walk a little. I guess my head was too clouded with stuff.

I still felt pretty good when I was done and had the energy to cut the grass. So, I'm just going to chalk that one up to a lack of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment