Friday, September 17, 2010

Motivation fight

I find that during my quest to stop being fat, I seem to stay within this pattern of extreme motivation turning to apathetic sloth and back. Right now: apathetic sloth.

I'm heading to the gym this morning so I should soon find myself heading back to motivation. I've also noticed that the more I focus on fitness, the shorter my laziness phase lasts. Hopefully, if I keep cycling like this, my less productive phase might actually go away or become a little productive.

The latest release of a Halo game on the Xbox 360 has definitely slowed my progress. It may as well be the blame for my recent disinterest in all things that deal with motion. I enjoy working out, but it hardly compares to giant robot men fighting aliens with lasers. I'm amazed at how bad that reads.

Also, I am hoping to start swimming soon. Running, as I used to do, is over for now. It's very counter-productive to run a small distance and then avoid exercise for a whole week due to the pain. I need to find a way to reduce weight so that running does not continue to destroy my feet and knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment