Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's a boy

I took a little time to be AWOL. With everything that is going on, it's hard to focus on my running. I think I'm finally able to get through all the clutter.

First off, we found out a week ago that the baby is going to be a boy. I'm very blessed because a boy is just what I wanted. I'd have been happy with a girl, but I like the idea of a little girl having a big brother(protection and all that).

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep running without all the pain. My feet really haven't hurt since we went on vacation, but as soon as we got back, my knees started giving me trouble. I noticed that if we travel somewhere, I don't ever hurt as much. This has led me to believe that our mattress topper is the problem. It's memory foam and it is ridiculously comfortable. I googled "memory foam joint pain" the other day and it came back with many responses with people having the same experience as myself. I'm not sure if it is the memory foam, but it does seem like time for an experiment.

Today, I start lifting with my older brother, Bryant. He's going into law school and all of his law books say that a proper exercise regimen will keep you from killing yourself while under the stress of law school. That really puts exercise in perspective. So, I bought him two months at the YMCA for a law school present. Now we'll be lifting at lunchtime. I gotta say, I'm really fired up about getting back into the gym. On my way home, I hope to hit up the Y again and get some running done.

No comments:

Post a Comment