Friday, July 30, 2010

Vacation over

So, I got back from the beach on Wednesday and I feel great. My feet haven't hurt in days and I'm ready for a good run.

On the downside, my running plans for the beach fell through completely. I was hoping to get in my run before my wife woke up everyday. It seems that while she can sleep to 11 a.m. when at home, she rises with the sun when she is on vacation. Before I could get out the door, she was ready to hit the beach already.

Today, Evan and I are going to go try some hill repeats. It's not part of the schedule, but my aching feet have really thrown us off the schedule anyways. I really hope we can make up the lost time in phase 3 of our training.

One more thing: the scale is saying I gained around 5 lbs. at the beach. That's what you get when your vacation diet consists of milkshakes.

Now, that I've fallen off the horse, it's time to dust myself off and get back in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment