Monday, July 12, 2010

Accidentally Awesome

I thought I was supposed to run 7 miles yesterday. I failed at that. I made it 4.2 by the time I had returned to the house. This morning, I checked my running plan and realized I was supposed to run 4 miles. Sweet.

I found some revamped motivation yesterday and it was all I needed to get myself out the door. The way Evan and I have been slacking lately had really been wearing away at me and the fact that we were now way off schedule was getting me down. So, I decided to go out and get back on track despite the large distance I thought I was supposed to cover.

It feels great to find out that I actually did more than I was supposed to. My time for the run was an 1:17. I know it's not the best time for a little over 4 miles, but I know I'll be getting better. It has really gotten my motivation up. Hopefully I'll be able to run the seven miles by the time I get there on Sunday.

Also, I bought a water bottle belt since I thought I was going a huge distance. Now I just have to find out how I'm supposed to wear it. I feel like I look stupid with it in front of me and it's hard to get to if I turn it around and it's unbalanced on either side. I guess I'll just have to go with looking stupid. Who am I trying to impress anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment