Monday, July 19, 2010

Rethinking

Last week, I spent the major part of the week in pain due to the running I did on Tuesday. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's really getting to bother me. As I've noted before, it feels like the bottoms of my feet are bruised, especially around the balls of my feet. The pain also seems to like to hang out around the back of my knee. I'm not sure if the two are related, but it sure feels similar.

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to how heavy I am. I was losing weight pretty regularly when we first started all the running, but now I'm stuck around 280. I think this is due to the fact that I usually run early in the week and hurt for the rest of the time.

My new plan is to get a run in early and let it hurt, but instead of missing the next run, I plan to go swimming or hit the bike until I'm better. That way I can keep burning calories. It will help me to not let my lazy side take over for recovery. The hardest part of this will just be taking off my shirt around people at the pool. Other than that, I'm pretty excited about these changes. Hopefully, my feet will stop hurting so much and I can find myself doing much more running.

No comments:

Post a Comment