Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gooooooaaaaalllll!!!

Ok, so I passed a minor goal of mine.

When I first started this running stuff, I really wanted to get back to where I could stay running for a whole mile. Yesterday, Evan and I definitely did that. It wasn't the fastest mile anyone has ever run, but it was a mile nonetheless so I'm pretty happy about it.

This week, we started running our 15 minute intervals, which really means we walked for two minutes, ran for 15, walked another 2, then ran for 11 minutes. I know it might seem kind of cheap to take our first rest on the front end, but we have to warm up sometime. Also, when we get to our full 30 minute week, I won't count the warm up as part of the 30 minutes.

We missed a 5k run this weekend, but only because of the storms. That was kind of a let down, because I think we're ready to improve on our 5k PR. The last one was run in 45:36. I think we may be able to shave some time off of it, because I believe we can actually run the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment