Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sport for life?

Evan and I had a great run yesterday. We're up to 15 minute intervals and we can keep a decent pace, but still keep a conversation going. After the run, we don't hurt anywhere near as much as we used to. It's very encouraging to see all this progress.

I'm still reflecting on my goal of running a whole mile. A couple of months ago, I thought I'd never be back in the kind of shape to do that. It's something I think about pretty regularly throughout the day.

I've decided that running will probably be my sport for life. I've set the goal of one day making it to the Boston Marathon and I feel this is entirely possible. As I keep running, I'll get closer to making the qualifying time. As I get older, the qualifying time will drop. Somewhere in there, I'll eventually make it. I may be 90-years-old when I make it, but I will get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment