Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Still going

It's a lot harder to post stuff when things aren't going very well.

Last week, I didn't get much running after a weekend of hurt knees. I ran on Friday and it felt great. It was the only day that I got to run in the whole "8 minutes" week. It felt good enough that we went ahead and moved up to the "10 minutes" week, yesterday.

This is the strange thing, running 10 minute intervals was really easy. I'm not hurting today and I don't expect any trouble tomorrow. I actually feel like I'm ready for running the whole 30 minutes.

Another big deal is that I weighed this morning and I'm now down 12 lbs. That is a new record for me as I've been at 300 lbs for forever and now I'm back down to 288. I've noticed that the weight really drops off as Evan and I are getting into the harder runs. This just makes me want to run more and keep up eating right.

There's a 5k this weekend that we should run. It's only a little ways away from where I live, so it won't be too much of a deal to go. Hopefully, we can greatly improve on our personal record.

No comments:

Post a Comment