Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Slacking, but not slacking

Ok, so I have been slacking on making my posts to this blog. It's strange because I get excited about making posts, but I tend to forget to make posts pretty easily. Anyways, things are going great.

Evan and I took last Friday off to recover from all our pains. It turned out to be a really good thing. I didn't try to do any strenuous activity until Sunday night when my wife and I went for a mountain bike ride. I figured this ride might screw up my run on Monday, but just getting out in the sunny weather and enjoying the outdoors was more than we could resist.

On Monday, I decided that Evan and I would go ahead and try to run our 6 minutes of running week, despite having a miserable 4 minute week. It paid off to go ahead. Evan and I ran the 6 minutes pretty easily and we both started learning more about pacing. Afterward, we even felt okay.

On Tuesday, Katy and I went mountain biking and my legs still felt great. With the installation of some new bike seats, I was able to ride for over 45 minutes and enjoy about 2/3rds of it. The other third consisted of hills.

Yesterday, Evan said he was hurting from Monday's run and needed a breather. I told him that was okay and that I could run by myself. It didn't hurt that I had just received a new armband for my phone so that I could listen to music while I ran. Anyways, the Wednesday run went pretty well except that I have some pretty strong pain in my Achilles tendon. I'm hoping it will be gone by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment