Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How about that hill work?

Evan and I ran our first session of hill repeats yesterday and I felt it was a success.

We ran a mile out to where a nice size hill is behind my neighborhood and we were able to get up it 3 times in the 15 minutes that I allotted for our hill repeats. I did expect us to do more, but I guess maybe the hill was bigger than I expected. We definitely got a good workout and we cooled down on the mile run home.

I'm feeling really good about the amount of running that we're accomplishing now. I don't know many people who can just take off and run 3 miles. I'm still really heavy at 283 lbs, but I'm sure that more weight loss is just around the corner.

Today, Evan and I are going to hit the YMCA and get on the treadmills for speed day. Our pace is somewhere between worthless and non-existent. Hopefully running on the treadmill will help us increase our pace while recovering from running on the pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment