Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lazy, but not lazy

Yeah, it's been almost a month. I know.

I really just haven't felt like blogging about running. I've still been doing the running, just not the blogging. I guess I really just haven't had much to brag about as far as the running goes, until now.

On Sunday, my buddy Josh and I ran my first instance of four miles. Of course, I didn't run the whole thing, but the distance is a new record in itself. I might have run four miles before I got to be a fat guy, but I wasn't aware of that distance. Now I know that I have gotten out and gone four miles on my feet in one fell swoop. It's a big deal for me, okay?

I'm trying something new with our training schedule. I find that after our Sunday long run, we're usually beat up for more than just a day and in need of some rest. So I think I'm going to change our Tuesday run into a day for hill work. I'm thinking that might go a little easier on our joints while still letting us get in our running. I was also thinking of making Wednesday into speed day and working on our pace on Friday. It seems like a good plan to me so far. I guess we'll see how it works in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment