Thursday, June 24, 2010

Speedwork success

Okay, so I finally did some work on improving my pace and it went really good.

I took to the treadmill yesterday at the YMCA to see if I could beat 45 minutes for 3 miles. I know that in the last couple of 5k races, Evan and I set 45 minutes as the time to beat. Since we have yet to best that time, I decided that 45 minutes would be just right for 3 miles. It would at least push me to run faster. Anyways, I was able to finish with a time of 42:55. So I was able to shave over 2 minutes off of what I was expecting. That's not too bad.

My running speed for those 3 miles was 4.5 mph. Next time I'll just bump it up to 4.6 and see if I can walk less.

Another thing that happened to me was that I had intense knee pain last night. I felt fine after the run, but my left knee decided that it was going to hurt too much for me to sleep around 11:00 last night. I got up and took some Ibuprofen and placed an ice pack on it. Around midnight I was able to go back to bed. I'm not sure why my leg wanted to hurt so bad, but that was really miserable. Hopefully, a little more weight loss will make those pains go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment