Monday, March 22, 2010

Excited on a Monday?

Today, Evan and I start running for 3 minutes and walking for 2. I have to say that I am actually excited about running. Instead of it feeling like something I have to do, it feels more like something I want to do. I think that is because of the progress I have seen myself make.

Last week's running got really easy by the end of it and I'm thinking that by the end of this week, I'll be getting to where running a full mile won't be too tough. My legs tend to ache pretty bad after a run, but the pain has gotten less and less severe as I've kept it up.

What I'm hoping for is to get to a point where running doesn't hurt that bad and I can just keep going for as long as I like. Currently, I feel like this point is not too far away.

I've been getting a few remarks about how I look like I've lost weight. That does wonders for my motivation. After my mother-in-law noticed and then my best friend remarked on how I looked thinner, I find myself looking to push to the next level. I think this kind of motivation will see me return to the gym to get some weight training added to my running.

This weekend is the Rumpshaker 5k. I was thinking I might skip it because of how far back the flu pushed my training, but I really want to get a 5k time. I just got to talk Evan into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment