Saturday, March 27, 2010

First 5k complete

Evan and I completed our the Rumpshaker 5k this morning and it was a real eye-opener. We found out that we are still no where near being in shape.

I finished in 45 minutes 36 seconds. Evan finished in one second earlier thanks for his surprise last-second dash at the finish line. It was pretty funny.

I realize that I've got a long way to go. If I end up running a marathon at this pace, then I'd finish in over 6 hours. Luckily, there's still almost a full year until the Mercedes Marathon. I'm sure I'll be much faster by the time it comes around.

Overall, the 5k was really a positive experience. I'm really digging this new T-shirt. Also, it'll be great to see me beat my time. I guess I had better get to looking for the next 5k.

We might end up pushing back Monday's run. There's a good chance that we'll be hurting for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment