Friday, March 19, 2010

Feeling great

I got my running done on time Wednesday and really enjoyed it despite the fact that I had to run alone.

After having the flu myself, my wife felt it was her duty to pick up a case of strep throat. So I had to tell Evan to get his running at our folk's house so that he wouldn't pick up strep.

On Thursday, I was hurting pretty bad. My calves and shins and the bottom of my feet were really aching. I didn't try to do any cross training and just let my legs rest. Today, I'm feeling really good. I can't wait to get home and do today's run.

That makes me wonder: Is there ever a point where you just go running and don't hurt like hell afterward? I've gotten a good bit of pain through these first runs and I've always hurt when the run is done. I'm hoping it will get better as I lose more and more weight. Once I'm up to running miles in the double digits, I'm thinking I'll be hurting a lot more.

Evan and I are undecided this week about the upcoming Rumpshaker 5K. The flu really put a wrench in the works as far as our training is concerned, but I'd hate to miss the chance to find out a time on my 5K. I feel that it would be a great way to track progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment