Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Time Warp?

I didn't realize I had missed making a post this weekend. Whoops. It's okay though, Evan and I ran on Friday and it really wasn't anything special. Evan is definitely getting better. We got in over 2 miles and it wasn't that hard.

One thing we are learning about having a running schedule is how to be flexible enough for when life happens. There hasn't been a week, so far, where we haven't had to move around a day due to schedule conflicts. This week has already proven that it is not an exception.

I stayed up a little too late on Sunday night and found myself with an upset stomach on Monday. I really wanted to run, but I just didn't feel up to it. It turned out to be okay with Evan, because he had to take the dog to the vet. So we moved our run to today. With the rainy, winter weather we're having, I might just take my workout to the gym today.

Another reason I need to go to the gym is that I need to start strength training soon. Every running website and blog says that strength training is essential for a runner. I used to love weight lifting and it used to keep me in very good shape. I guess I burnt out on it over the years, because I just about stopped all together as soon as I started dating my wife. Hopefully now that I have an event I'm competing in, I'll be able to hit the weights with a renewed vigor.

Evan and I have recently decided to do an upcoming 5K here in Birmingham. It's called "The Rumpshaker 5k." There will be a giant inflatable walk-thru colon at the event. Sounds like a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment