Friday, March 12, 2010

The Flu!!!

Yeah, it has been a while now. No, I haven't been doing much running. I caught THE FLU!

Almost 2 weeks ago, I was having trouble getting myself to run or pretty much do anything. I kept putting off my running because it didn't feel right or it was too cold or almost any excuse I could think of. I'm pretty fond of excuses, but these weren't really good ones and I had been really enjoying running with Evan up until that week.

On Wednesday, my best friend tells me that he has the flu. This is especially important since I had spent Sunday morning with him. Before too long I was getting the chills and fever.

Anyways, I made my way though it, but now I am dealing with the effects of not running for two weeks and am trying to get back to where I was in my training.

I didn't realize how much of a toll the flu could take on you. I tried to run yesterday for the first time in a while and it just plain hurt. Not the good kind of "just-starting-out-for-a-run" hurt, but the kind of burning lungs pain that is reserved for people who really shouldn't be running. I managed to go for 15 minutes before hanging it up. I was supposed to run for 2 minutes and walk for 2 for 30 minutes. I ran the first set of running completely, but only made it 47 seconds into the second set.

I'm going to try again today. I've got to build myself back up somehow. Hopefully I can get back to it over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment